Recipe by Mary in LA.
I'm always making Enchiladas but this is my favorite
Top Review by LonghornMama
Loved these! And I make a lot of enchiladas. Made a half recipe (one pan) but threw in the whole can of green chiles. Softened the tortillas in a bit of oil before rolling. Good recipe for kids, it's not overly spicy. Wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 4 cups of chopped cook chicken
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (14 and 1/2 ounce)
- 1 can chopped green chili, drained (4.5 ounce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 24 tortillas
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (8 ounce)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (8 ounce)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (8 ounce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil in your large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir chicken and tomatoes, green chiles and salt, Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring once in awhile.
- for at least 15 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/4 chicken mixture down center of each torilas, and place, seam side down, in 2 lightly greased baking dishes.
- (13 inch x 9 inch) Heat half and half and bouillon granules in a large pan over low heat until well blended.
- Pour over torillas.
- Bake and cover at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and then uncover for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.