Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a copy of the soup Olive Garden Restaurant has on their menu.
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 177.44 ml celery, chopped fine
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped fine
- 118.29 ml carrot, grated very fine and chopped
- 7.39 ml garlic, minced
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml heavy cream
- 177.44 ml milk
- 946.36 ml chicken broth or 946.36 ml fresh chicken stock
- 354.88 ml cooked chicken (white meat works best)
- 177.44 ml fresh spinach, julienne cut
- 453.59 g gnocchi (potato dumpling)
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add flour mixing well, cook for 3-4 minutes ,stirring frequently.
- Add heavy cream, milk and chicken broth mixing well.
- Cook and stir until mixture thicken and comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in chicken, spinach, gnocchi and remaining seasonings.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Cook over low heat 8-10 minutes until gnocchi become tender. (you could also place the ingredients in a Crock-Pot and cook on low for 1- 1 ½ hours , this really makes the flavors come together.).
- Serve with Hot garlic bread sticks and enjoy.
Delicious, just like Olive Garden or better. I am a copycat snob, so many times recipes don't taste the same. This one is right on the money!
I made this. Very very good and flavorful. My only tip is to make sure you don't use too many Gnocchi like I did. I used more than the recipe called for because I bought a bigger bag than was called for.
This was delicious and very easy to make! I used frozen spinach and added it at the same time as the rest of the veggies. I managed to get 6 serves out of this batch, so I'm very pleased with that. Looking forward to having this again.