Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
photo by Patti R.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, and romano use cheese to taste
- Heat butter and oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic, and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Sprinkle flour into pot while stirring vegetables. Cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth gradually (one cup at a time).
- Stir in half and half.
- Add cooked chicken and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Cook the gnocchi separately as says on the package, add gnocchi to the soup along with spinach. Simmer until spinach wilts. Stir in basil. Serve with freshly grated parmesan and romano cheese to taste.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!