1/3 Photos of Chicken Ala King in 30 Minutes
From Rachel Ray of course - This is a very easy dish but tastes like you worked really hard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large refrigerated biscuits (Pillsbury "Grands" Flaky Layers work well)
- cayenne powder or sweet paprika
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb small white mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1Preheat oven according to package directions for biscuits.
- 2Arrange biscuits on nonstick baking sheet and sprinkle with a little ground cayenne pepper or sweet paprika.
- 3Bake until golden, remove biscuits from oven and then cool. (10-18 minutes depending on the type biscuit you use).
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, bring wine & chicken broth to a boil. Add the bay leaf.
- 5Gently drop in chicken breasts & lower heat to simmer.
- 6Poach chicken for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 7Preheat another skillet over medium heat.
- 8Add oil and butter.
- 9When butter melts into oil, add mushrooms and onion and cook 5 minutes until tender.
- 10Stir in flour and cook another minute or so.
- 11Remove chicken from broth and set aside.
- 12Whisk 2 to 2 1/2 cups poaching liquid into the mushroom, onion & flour mixture. Discard the bay leaf.
- 13Add pimentos and peas to the sauce.
- 14Dice chicken into bite-size pieces and return it to the sauce.
- 15Add ground black pepper to taste.
- 16To serve: Split the biscuits, place bottoms on plates and cover with ladles of Chicken a la King.
- 17Cap with biscuit tops and garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Ala King in 30 Minutes
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.7
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 940.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 37.5 g