Turkey Ala King
photo by plove53
- Ready In:
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 12 ounces chicken broth (or 2 cups homemade)
- 1 cup cream (or milk)
- 4 cups of chopped chicken (or whatever you have left over) or 4 cups turkey (or whatever you have left over)
- 12 ounces of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 small can mushroom
- 2 teaspoons chop pickle pimientos
- 1⁄4 tablespoon paprika (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In large skillet over high heat melt butter, add onions (a little salt), fry until soften (2 min), add flour and stir continuously for around 5 min to get rid of any lumps (it will have small bubbles). Add Chicken broth stir until boiling, then add cream (or milk), and stir until boiling. Let cook until it thickens a little. (Or how think you like it). Add mushrooms and mix vegetables, and paprika. Let cook until boiling, keep stirring, and add chicken. Lower to a medium heat and heat until chicken is hot.
- Serve over rice, wide noodles, or bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!