Recipe by Chef Vic #2
This recipe was given to me many years ago. I brought it to a company function once and it was requested for the next 15 years. Not your traditional "Pie", but a great mix of textures. Warning.... if you're on a diet, pass on this one.
Top Review by No Thyme 2 Cook
There is really no way to improve on this recipe, but since I am gluten intolerant, I am adding this delish flour-less crust recipe here so that I will have it together with the rest of the recipe. Maybe someone else will find it helpful, too.<br/><br/>2 1/2 cups ground pecans<br/>1/3 cup granulated sugar<br/>1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon<br/>4 T. melted butter<br/><br/>Mix all ingredients. Press into dish. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or more. Bake at 350 12-15 minutes. Do not over-cook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 2 (20 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour,butter, and walnuts and mash into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degs for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl blend cream cheese, cool whip, and powdered sugar on high until smooth. Pour on top of crust and spread evenly.
- Spread both cans of pie filling evenly over the top and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.