Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to me many years ago. I brought it to a company function once and it was requested for the next 15 years. Not your traditional "Pie", but a great mix of textures. Warning.... if you're on a diet, pass on this one.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 2 (20 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, combine flour,butter, and walnuts and mash into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degs for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl blend cream cheese, cool whip, and powdered sugar on high until smooth. Pour on top of crust and spread evenly.
- Spread both cans of pie filling evenly over the top and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
There is really no way to improve on this recipe, but since I am gluten intolerant, I am adding this delish flour-less crust recipe here so that I will have it together with the rest of the recipe. Maybe someone else will find it helpful, too.<br/><br/>2 1/2 cups ground pecans<br/>1/3 cup granulated sugar<br/>1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon<br/>4 T. melted butter<br/><br/>Mix all ingredients. Press into dish. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or more. Bake at 350 12-15 minutes. Do not over-cook.
OMG, this is a recipe my mom would make for pot lucks when I was a kid. It is so amazingly good!! Thank you for posting this, I thought I had lost the recipe forever.