- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pitted and chopped northwest fresh sweet cherries
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pitted and halved northwest fresh sweet cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix vinegar and olive oil; reduce mixture to ½ cup.
- Add chopped cherries, mustard, sugar, herbs, salt, and pepper; simmer 10 minutes. Reserve half of sauce for marinade.
- Add halved cherries to remaining sauce; return mixture to a boil and simmer about 1 minute.
- Serve with grilled meat, poultry, or fish. Makes 4 servings sauce (and about 1/3 cup marinade).