Black Gold Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
photo by flower7
- Ready In:
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We thoroughly enjoyed this sauce! It was quite different from the sweet, mainly tomato based ones we are accustomed to. I was making ribs low and slow with a dry rub and as soon as the meat developed a little crust I painted on the Black Gold. Over the course of the cooking time I painted on more layers of the sauce and ended up with a lovely 'shellac' type finish. I think it would be excellent to glaze pork chops as well. Many thanks for a recipe that I will make many times in the future.