1/2 Photos of Cherry and Cream Scones
I don't recommend these for anyone who's looking to eat healthy but those looking for Nirvana have just found it! Wonderful at any time but they are, of course, best when fresh from the oven and still warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak cherries in water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. In a large mixing bow, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar.
- 2With a pastry blender, cut in the margarine, Set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, combine egg yolk, sour cream, cream and extract.
- 4Add to flour mixture; stir until a soft dough forms.
- 5Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently six to eight times, knead in cherries.
- 6Divide dough in half and roll out each to 1/2 an inch thick and cut into each into 8 wedges.
- 7Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- 8Beat the egg white until foamy; brush tops of scones and sprinkle with sugar.
- 9Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry and Cream Scones
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 207.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: