Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a dessert that you serve when you want to impress your guests, or when you just want to make something that is just DELICIOUS!!!
- 2 (30 ounce) canswhole bing cherries, in their juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup kirsch (warmed) or 1⁄4 cup cognac (warmed)
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- In a small dish, combine a little cherry juice with sugar and cornstarch.
- In a skillet, heat the juice from the cherries over medium heat.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- When juice thickens, add the cherries to warm them through.
- Pour in warmed liqueur, then carefully flame the skillet to burn off the alcohol.
- Remove cherries from heat.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into large cocktail glasses or dessert dishes and spoon cherries and their juice down over the ice cream.
- Serve immediately.
Easy and good. Didn't flame it but added a touch of almond extract.
Was really good. I didn't have any kirsch or cognac. I used rum, and it flamed beautifully and burned off. Very nice. Oh, and like I read.....throw some ground cinnamon in while flaming for an unusual effect. Thanks!
I made this recipe this sunday for from friends and we all loved it. However I had to add a couple extra teaspoonfuls of corn startch to get the syrupy consistancy I personally like. Will make this one again