Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
yummy corn muffins with corn and cheese
- 240.97 g package corn muffin mix (i like jiffy)
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml milk
- 212.62 g can Mexican-style corn (i like Del Monte)
- 118.29 ml finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 29.58 ml sugar
- oil, for greasing muffin pans
- 14.79 ml ground flax seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease muffin pans.
- Blend corn, egg, milk, sugar, and cheese well.
- Add muffin mix blend again.
- Let batter rest for 4 minutes.
- Fill muffin pans 1/2 full.
- Sprinkle on flax seed if used.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until brown.
These muffins were yummy! I didn't have quite as much cheese as I needed - I'll add more next time - but they were still really good. I enjoyed the addition of the mexi-corn - it made for a great tasting muffin!
These are great. I accidentally put in 11 oz of mexi corn but it turned out great. We made this to go with a crockpot chili. Thanks for an easy nummy recipe. Made for PAC Fall 07