Cheesy Spaghetti Corn Casserole
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix both cans of corn and 1 1/2 cup of cheese in a casserole dish.and the milk
- Break spaghetti into 1/4's and mix into mixture.
- Gently pat down so no spaghetti noodles are poking out.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over mixture.
- Pour margarine over mixture in a circular motion.
- Put foil over the top and put in oven for 1 hour.
- Take out of oven and stir.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family thought this recipe had a good blend of savory and sweet flavors. I used bowtie pasta, one can of creamed corn, two ears of fresh corn, some chopped baby asparagus, sharp cheddar, and 1 1/2 cups of milk. I also baked it for thirty minutes with the foil on and thirty minutes with the foil off. It was a nice main dish for a meatless meal! :)
We liked this. One thing about this is that it is so simple to throw together. For a busy night this is easy to mix up and toss in the oven. I would like to play around with it a bit because I really like the ease and I'm sure it would work with different things thrown in. I'm glad you posted this because I would not have thought of putting these things together. I like my food a bit spicier and I look forward to seeing what I can add in to give it a southwest flair!
I originally got this recipe from my boyfriend's mom awhile back and I LOVE IT!! However, the recipe she gave me substituted 1 cup of velveeta in place of the cheddar and it gives it more of a creamy, smooth consistancy. At first I was a bit reluctant since the recipe sounds a bit different. But I'm glad I did because now it will be passed on for generations. You must try this--if not, your tastebuds will never forgive you!
Different, yet strangely tasty. This sidedish was an interesting combination of textures and tastes that I never would have thought up. I took a previous suggestion and added in 1 cup milk...I may add up to 1/2 cup more next time; it seemed like the casserole dried out in the oven. Very easy. Definately stir halfway through to let all the spaghetti have time to cook. Thanks for posting.!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"