Macaroni & Corn Casserole
From Sharing Our Best - Valley County Hospital and Long Term Care, c. 1994.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2⁄3 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into baking dish. Bake at 325*F for 30 minutes covered. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes longer.
- VARIATIONS: Add crumbled sausage or diced ham.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I'm leaving a comment rather than a review because I had some trouble with this recipe. The first time I made it, I followed the directions other than halving the recipe. My macaroni was hard and didn't plump up at all. So I tried it again and cooked the macaroni first (al dente) and then only baked it in the oven for about 20 minutes. It still didn't seem to work for me. It was dry and the macaroni still wasn't very tender. I think this recipe could be really good, but I think that it needs to be tweaked a bit to add some liquid at the beginning to make it nice and creamy. Sorry.