Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another family recipe along with Cheeseball 1. This is also very good. Cook time includes the chill time. Hope you enjoy.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lowery seasoning salt
- chopped nuts
- Mix all ingredients very well.
- Chill mixture for about 20 minute.
- Then form into 2 balls and roll into chopped nuts, and serve.
This is the recipe my mom always made. The only difference is that her's called for 1 Tablespoon of Lawry's. My family insists this must be on the menu at every family gathering. My mother always garnished the finished ball with a sprig of parsley and a maraschino cherry. Made a festive presentation at Christmas time. This makes a great gift for neighbors on a plate surrounded with crackers.
I have made this exact recipe many times. I substitute Mrs. Dash or one of my homemade salt-free seasoning blends for the seasoned salt. Do not make this with fat free cream cheese. I had to serve that snafu in a bowl with a spoon. This recipe is delicious. Jenni NW IN