Low Fat Black Bean Hummus
Passed down from the girls at the gym. I LOVE this with carrots or homemade pita chips. "Cook Time" is actually chill time. Hope you like it!
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1/2 cup bean liquid
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pita bread or raw vegetables
- Drain black beans and garbanzo beans and reserve liquid.
- Rinse beans and allow to drain.
- Place black beans, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, oils, cumin and garlic in a blender.
- Cover and pulse-blend until finely chopped.
- Add water or the reserved bean liquid a little at a time and continue blending until smooth.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Serve with pita bread wedges or raw vegetables for dipping.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
As it was (with just a sprinkling of salt and pepper) this hummus was rather bland, even after allowing it to meld overnight. After I was more liberal with the salt and added about a tbs of hot sauce for just a bit of a wakeup, it was tasty. Not sure I'll make it again, but it's nice to have such a healthy, protein-filled hummus recipe around. Thanks for posting!