Green Beans and Vidalia Onion Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 45mins
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄2 cup sliced vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- ground cayenne pepper
- Cook green beans according to package directions.
- Drain well and chill in refrigerator.
- Put onions in a small bowl and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover and place in refrigerator to chill.
- In a small jar combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Seal jar and shake vigorously to mix all ingredients.
- Place beans and onions in a large bowl.
- Add crumbled bacon and cheese.
- Shake salad dressing again and pour over bean and onion mixture.
- Toss well and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"Living in the south we are very lucky to have an abundance of fresh seafood and other ingredients at our disposal when trying new recipes. My husband and I both love to cook and have learned a lot about cooking from our native Louisianian, Paul Prudhomme (we learned to be very careful with his recipes as they are very spicy - even for us), native New Orleanian, Frank Davis and transplanted Emeril Lagasse. It would be very difficult to pick an all time favorite cookbook since I have approximately 200. I enjoy collecting local cookbooks as well as others from different areas. This picture is obviously when DH and I got married. I cooked all the food and even made my wedding cake."
Join The Conversation