Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was raised with eating this every Christmas eve.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- sourdough bread
- Melt butter, blend in flour.
- Stir until thick.
- Add beer; stir until thick and boiling.
- Add salt, dry mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Gradually add cheese keep stirring it will burn.
- Serve with sourdough bread that has been cut up in cubes.
This was fine, but nothing special. I've had better cheddar cheese fondues. My wife complained that it tasted too much like beer, but I didn't care about that (I drink beer, she doesn't). There are too many fondue recipes out there for me to make this one again.
this was the best my hubby needed more so i used left over steak, chicken, cocktail weenies, i also used the pickeled veggies, and olives so now he couldnt complain about it not filling him up enough. Thanks for posting i may make this our Christmas eve dinner as well.....