Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
There are several recipes for this on this site, but none quite like this! I have a recipe posted for the puris if you don't want to search the stores, or, use crackers! Puris (Fried Bread Puffs)
- 1⁄2 cup garbanzo beans
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rock salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large potato, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 32 thin wheat crackers
- 1⁄4 cup green chutney
- 1⁄4 cup sweet and sour chutney
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup crushed potato chips
- Boil the garbanzo beans for 30 minutes or until fork tender, drain.
- Beat the yogurt together with the following: fresh grated ginger, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, rock salt or black salt, black pepper and salt.
- Season the mashed potato with salt.
- Break each puri gently with a fork to create a tiny opening on the top. Arrange the puris in 4 plates, 8 in each plate. Or, if using wheat crackers arrange them on a platter or plates.
- Place the potatoes on top of each cracker. Place about 1 tablespoon of potato in each puri or on each cracker.
- Place a few garbanzo beans on top of the potato.
- Spoon the spiced yogurt on top.
- Spoon green chutney and sweet and sour chutney on top of it.
- Garnish with the chopped onion, cilantro, and sev on top.
- Serving tip: I like to set up a number of small bowls with each of the above condiments, so that each person can add whatever they want to, according to their taste and preferences.
Delicious. Looks complicated because of the long list of ingredients, but it was very easy to make.