Pub-Style Cabbage Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups beef broth
- 3 cups cocktail vegetable juice (v8)
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 -6 cups shredded cabbage
- salt and pepper
- Crumble sausage into a large pot and cook over medium-high heat until browned.
- Add onion and cook just until translucent.
- Remove excess fat if you don't want it.
- Add remaning ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until cabbage is very tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Join The Conversation
When DH tells me something with cabbage in it is fantastic...watch out! That is exactly what he did! This soup is quick and easy. I used a medium hot pork sausage and chicken broth. When this was almost done simmering I added (horrors!) some minute rice to the mixture and it reminded me of an unstuffed cabbage roll soup. This is going to be a favorite in our house this winter!