1/1 Photo of Cauliflower Cheese Soup
This delicious version of soup makes a meal. We like to have it with a hot and crusty loaf of French Bread. I like to garnish it with buttery toasted homemade croutons for an extra special touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into Florets
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 10 ounces chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- cayenne pepper or curry powder or white pepper, to taste
- 1Put the cauliflower, onion, broth and bullion cube in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour until smooth.
- 3Gradually add the milk, cooking and stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- 4Cook, stirring for 2 minutes longer.
- 5Reduce heat and stir in cheese and seasonings.
- 6Using a stick blender, blend the vegetable broth mixture until smooth.
- 7Stir in the cheese sauce and blend again to combine.
- 8Serve hot in heated bowls with a sprinkling of parsley on top of each.
- 9You may garnish with bread croutons if you wish.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.6
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 1062.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 17.0 g