Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
cauliflower in a great sauce.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken in florets
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Put cauliflower in saucepan, add 1 cup water, cover and cook on med for 8 minutes.
- Mix cauliflower with sour cream, cheddar cheese, crumbs, pepper, onions, and salt.
- Put in greased 2qt casserole.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered at 325* for 30 minutes.
Yummmmy!! This is the best cauliflower casserole recipe I've ever come across! Thank you Inez.
Inez, a 5 star plus! You are the Cauliflower Goddess! These lips of mine may never touch cauliflower prepared any other way. :) I wasn't paying attention and added 1/2 cup onion instead of the 1/4 cup called for. No problem, I love onion. I'm also partial to red bell peppers. Other than that, I made this as is. Oh yeah, and I used my gluten-free corn flakes by Glutano. This is a terrific make-ahead dish, too. Thank you!!!
I am astounded! I have been making my grandfather’s recipe for cauliflower and cheese for years and didn’t expect to deviate until I tried yours! I made it this evening and could not believe how fresh and crisp the flavours were in contrast to the roast beef we enjoyed with it. I did make two minor adjustments: substituted green onions (the cooking onions I had would have been too strong had they not been sautéed first) and passed on the corn flake crumbs. I am always delightfully surprised by the marriage of the simplest ingredients and their clever ability to recreate themselves as something quite new and wonderful. Thank you!