Creamy Cauliflower Casserole With Bacon and Cheddar
- Ready In:
- 8 slices bacon, chopped and fried crispy
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 large cauliflower heads
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, and parsley in small bowl. Set aside for topping.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add 1 tbsp salt and cauliflower, cook until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer half to cutting board and roughly chop.
- Melt cream cheese on low heat. Stir in heavy cream and remaining 2 1/2 cups of cheddar, cook until starts to melt.
- Off heat stir in sour cream, cauliflower, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish, sprinkle with topping, and bake until brown and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
By the time you crisp the bacon and boil the water for the cauliflower it's going to take lots longer than 45 minutes. Also, it doesn't hurt to use milk instead of heavy cream. You're just trying to thin the cheese mixture. Finally, I was short cauliflower and used some broccoli I had in the fridge. Didn't work out since it cooks faster than cauliflower so I had to scoop it out of the boiling water while the cauliflower continued to cook.
Since I only had a 16 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower this is how I made it.I partially thawed out cauliflower in the microwave and continued with using half of the rest of the ingredients.(Except I used 6 slices of bacon,I love bacon :))This recipe was so creamy,and cheesy,and it went very well with Recipe#77689.This will be made again,Thank you so much for posting."Keep Smiling:)"