A tasteful blend of a plethora of veggies, actually just about any leftovers from a Holiday gathering can go in this pot..wholesome, hearty and satisfying. Great comfort food!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green)
- 4 green onions
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- curry (yellow)
- 1 1⁄2 cups your favorite cheese (3 different kinds)
- 4 cups water or 4 cups stock
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Break cauliflower and broccoli into florets or cut them up and place in bottom of crock pot. Add carrots to this.
- Dice bell peppers, onion, and garlic add to crock pot.
- Add 4 cups water, 4 chicken bouillon cubes,.
- salt,pepper, curry, turmeric for color and flavor about 1 tsp each to start with.
- Cook on High 6-8 hours.
- 1 hour before serving-remove 2 cups of broth from the vegetables.
- Put in medium saucepan,put on high heat, when it begins to boil. add 4 tbsp cornstarch to cold water and whisk into broth mixture (mix cornstarch and water in a small glass or jar and then add to the broth).
- Grate your favorite types of cheese, I use about 1/2 cup of each kind and add it to hot broth mixture. When it has melted all of the cheese and it is a thick consistency, pour it all back into the crock pot. Let simmer for another hours. I have added crumbled bacon and I have also used diced ham. Serve with oyster crackers, or crusty bread or rolls. Awesome winter meal! Enjoy!