Recipe by Cullinaryjudge
A combination of onions, chicken flavor, and carrot. Good for special dinners.
Top Review by Kapihopela
I debated writing a review since I did make a couple big changes, but since I used and liked the preparation method I figured I'd go ahead, I used dry white wine instead of chicken broth and skipped the sugar entirely. These were an acceptable side dish, nothing to wow me, but fairly tasty. I liked the texture of the sauce and will probably try these again using the recipe as written to see if they wow me then, if they do I will write another review.
- 6 medium carrots, cut in large matchsticks
- salt water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots in salted water until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in frying pan.
- Add onion.
- Saute until onion is soft and clear.
- Mix in flour.
- Stir in water, bouillon powder and sugar until it boils and thickens.
- Add carrots.
- This may be kept hot or reheated in the oven.