Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
A different way to serve carrots. I love carrots and caraway, this recipe just called my name. It said, hello, you will like me, try me....it was correct. I hope you will enjoy, the caraway lends a sweet, nutty flavor to the beautiful carrot.
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 4 large carrots, washed, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Caraways taste best when toasted, so please add the caraway seeds to a dry pan over medium heat, stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the carrots, caraway seeds, vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt.
- Taste and add more salt if desired.
- This makes a lovely side dish.
I used fresh carrots from our CSA box and instead of grating them I
used a vegetable peeler to make very thin strips. Toasted the caraway seeds as indicated; used local honey. Perfect and very quick and easy to make! Served with Purslane & Egg Tacos – Tacos De Verdolagas Y Huevos and homemade black beans. Reviewed for NA*ME tag/September.
I love grated carrot salads and this is the first time that I've added caraway and I think that its great. Super simple and quick to make that it can be done at the last minute. I made two small changes, I used a 1/4 tsp of kosher salt and 1 Tbsp of Splenda in place of the honey. I could easily eat the whole batch for dinner tonight and let DH have everything else. Excellent recipe.
WOW so quick and so delcious! I will make this for sure again! Rosting the seed is very important so they turn so delicous! I did not have cider vinegar on hand so I mixed lemon juice and white balsamico vinegar. Thanks a lot for this impressive tasty salad!