Recipe by Baby Kato
A different way to serve carrots. I love carrots and caraway, this recipe just called my name. It said, hello, you will like me, try me....it was correct. I hope you will enjoy, the caraway lends a sweet, nutty flavor to the beautiful carrot.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I used fresh carrots from our CSA box and instead of grating them I
used a vegetable peeler to make very thin strips. Toasted the caraway seeds as indicated; used local honey. Perfect and very quick and easy to make! Served with Recipe #464396 and homemade black beans. Reviewed for NA*ME tag/September.
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 4 large carrots, washed, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Caraways taste best when toasted, so please add the caraway seeds to a dry pan over medium heat, stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the carrots, caraway seeds, vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt.
- Taste and add more salt if desired.
- This makes a lovely side dish.