Recipe by DailyInspiration
A decadent dish with a taste of the tropics. For special occasions or whenever you need a Caribbean vacation.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
We did like this ... I stuck to recipe, (was generous with the curry powder, a roasted garam masala, perhaps that made the difference). I do enjoy a creamy curry, for us this worked well. ssadly my photo is not a good reflection of how good this recipe was, but truly, I will make this again. Thank you Nancy, made and enjoyed for ZWT9, Hot Pink Panthers On The Prowl.
- 907.18 g medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 236.59 ml onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 177.44 ml cream of coconut (Coco Lopez)
- 591.47 ml half-and-half
- 14.79 ml curry powder (or more to suit your taste)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- chopped macadamia nuts (to garnish) (optional)
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, add butter, onions and ginger -- cook until tender. Stir in flour; gradually adding half and half - whisk until smooth. Add cream of coconut, curry, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Add lemon juice, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 20 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 5-10 minutes (just until shrimp are pink - don't over cook). Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro. You could add some chopped macadamia nuts on top as well.