Antipasto Salad Bowls
photo by LILLIANCOOKS
- Ready In:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, whole, then slice into large strips
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Spanish olives with pimento
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers, whole-stems removed
- 2 tomatoes, med., sliced into rings
- 1 English cucumber, sliced thin
- 8 slices cooked deli ham
- 8 slices hard salami, from the deli
- 8 slices provolone cheese, from the deli
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- Crack the core of the head of letuce on the counter to loosen. Then remove the core and a few outer lettuce leaves.
- Slightly loosen the outer leaves and wash under cold running water. Then gently peel away each whole lettuce leaf being careful not to tear them. I usually get at least 8 large leaves from 1 head of lettuce. Place the leaves on a very large serving platter.
- ~~~~~~~~TO ASSEMBLE~~~~~~~~~.
- Place one slice of each of the deli items in the bottom of each lettuce leaf. This creates a barrier so that all of the marinated ingredients won't make the lettuce soggy, while stored in the fridge.
- Then layer all the other ingredients on top of that, in any order you wish. Use about 3 pieces of each item, in each salad bowl. I just try to make it as colorful as possible by not putting similar colored ingredients too close to each other.
- Then cover the platter with plactic wrap and refridgerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve make sure to pass the salad dressing to your guests, so they can sprinkle it on their salad.
- I have made this salad 24 hours in advance. It keeps very well in the fridge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!