1/2 Photos of Caribbean Rice and Black Bean Salad
If you like some spice then add in some cayenne pepper. You can make this hours in advance and chill, and the complete recipe can be doubled to 5 cups cooked rice. Prep time does not include cooking the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (no more than 1 teaspoon or less of fresh garlic, as it will be too overpowering!)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked long-grain rice (room temperature or cold, about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can canned corn niblets, well drained
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped (can use more or less)
- 1In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, Dijon, cumin and garlic until well blended; season with salt and pepper to taste, add in some sugar if you find that the dressing is too strong.
- 2In a medium bowl combine the cooled or cold cooked rice, black beans, corn niblets, bell peppers and green onions.
- 3Add in enough dressing to moisten; toss to combine (you don't have to use the full amount of dressing).
- 4Season once again with salt and pepper (or cayenne pepper).
- 5Can be made hours ahead, cover and chill.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Rice and Black Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.8
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 278.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 12.3 g