Sweet Corn and Black Bean Salad
photo by Zielle
- Ready In:
- 2 cups corn kernels (thawed or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, seasoned
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups no-salt-added cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Add corn and cook for 1 minute, then drain well, rinse in cold water, and drain again. (If using frozen and thawed corn, skip this step).
- Rinse onions in cold water to remove some of their sharp, acidic flavor; drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper to make a dressing.
- Add beans, corn, onion and bell pepper and toss until just incorporated. Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Add cilantro and toss again before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!