1/1 Photo of Cape Cod Baked Stuffed Shrimp
Dedee Royale's Note:
Growing up in the Boston area, a Saturday night favorite at restaurants was Baked Stuffed Shrimp. This dish is light and delicious and the trick is to bake the shrimp in a glass pie dish, not on a dark cookie sheet -they come out much more juicy. Also, I added a little Marsala for sweetness - but I guess Sherry would do. Be sure to use only Ritz brand crackers and not the low fat variety or the taste will be greatly compromised.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo shrimp, cleaned and deveined, tails left on
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 stalk celery, diced fine
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 60 Ritz crackers, crushed, do not substitute
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- paprika (to garnish)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoons butter and saute the celery and garlic for 3-4 minutes on low heat. Do not brown.
- 3Transfer to a small bowl.
- 4Crush the crackers with your hands in a plastic bag until just coarse and add to the bowl with the celery.
- 5Stir in the melted butter, lemon juice, parsley, wine or chicken broth and ground pepper.
- 6The mixture should be barely wet, enough to hold together. But if too wet add more Ritz crackers, or if too dry add a little more broth.
- 7Cut almost through the center of each shrimp and flatten out cut side up, pointing the tail section up.
- 8Spray a glass pie dish with butter spray before placing shrimp on it. Then spray each shrimp with butter spray.
- 9With your hands mound some of the stuffing and place it on each shrimp.
- 10Sprinkle with just a little bit of paprika, Don't overdo it.
- 11Bake at 375F for 12 minutes, then place under broiler for 1 minute to brown top lightly.
- 12Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cape Cod Baked Stuffed Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.6
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 283.1 mg
- Sodium 1638.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 27.1 g