Recipe by Dedee Royale
Growing up in the Boston area, a Saturday night favorite at restaurants was Baked Stuffed Shrimp. This dish is light and delicious and the trick is to bake the shrimp in a glass pie dish, not on a dark cookie sheet -they come out much more juicy. Also, I added a little Marsala for sweetness - but I guess Sherry would do. Be sure to use only Ritz brand crackers and not the low fat variety or the taste will be greatly compromised.
Top Review by mommy2theboys2
This was really delicious. My only complaint is that the directions tell you to "saute the celery and garlic for 3-4 minutes". However, garlic is not listed in the ingredients. How much garlic?? I just winged it and it came out fine but that should be corrected in the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo shrimp, cleaned and deveined, tails left on
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 stalk celery, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 60 Ritz crackers, crushed, do not substitute
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- paprika (to garnish)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoons butter and saute the celery and garlic for 3-4 minutes on low heat. Do not brown.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Crush the crackers with your hands in a plastic bag until just coarse and add to the bowl with the celery.
- Stir in the melted butter, lemon juice, parsley, wine or chicken broth and ground pepper.
- The mixture should be barely wet, enough to hold together. But if too wet add more Ritz crackers, or if too dry add a little more broth.
- Cut almost through the center of each shrimp and flatten out cut side up, pointing the tail section up.
- Spray a glass pie dish with butter spray before placing shrimp on it. Then spray each shrimp with butter spray.
- With your hands mound some of the stuffing and place it on each shrimp.
- Sprinkle with just a little bit of paprika, Don't overdo it.
- Bake at 375F for 12 minutes, then place under broiler for 1 minute to brown top lightly.
- Serve with lemon wedges.