Recipe by Donna H
I've also prepared this in my crock pot, add everything except the Velveeta and cilantro. Cook on low for 4-5 hours adding the Velveeta and cilantro during the last 30 minutes so it has a chance to melt. You can also substitute a can of Rotel tomatoes for the stewed tomatoes if you prefer it spicy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes (I'm guessing at the size)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn (I'm guessing at the size)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cilantro, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add oregano, chicken broth and tomatoes.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Stir in squash, corn and green chilies.
- Return to boil and simmer till squash is tender.
- Stir in Velveeta, salt, pepper and cilantro.