Recipe by LOUISE GOLDEN
Decided to come up with my own version of Potato Salad. I never cared for sweet potato salad. Every time I make this recipe, I end up having to give out the recipe. I have been asked so many times to enter it in a cooking contest. Looks like RecipeZaar gets first go at it.
- 6 -8 large baking potatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup dill pickle relish (not sweet)
- 2 1⁄4 ounces chopped ripe olives
- 2 ounces chopped pimiento
- 2 pickles, chopped
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes whole in skins until fork tender. Cool and peel. Dice them into small bite size pieces.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until crisp. Set aside and cool. Save drippings.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the diced potatoes,chopped pickles, olives, pimentoes, relish and chopped onion.
- Add spices and bacon drippings(not more than 2 tbls).
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and milk. If too thick add pickle juice a litttle at a time.
- Pour over ingredients and mix thoroughly. Garnish with bacon bits and small amount of paprika.