Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Decided to come up with my own version of Potato Salad. I never cared for sweet potato salad. Every time I make this recipe, I end up having to give out the recipe. I have been asked so many times to enter it in a cooking contest. Looks like RecipeZaar gets first go at it.
- 6 -8 large baking potatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup dill pickle relish (not sweet)
- 2 1⁄4 ounces chopped ripe olives
- 2 ounces chopped pimiento
- 2 pickles, chopped
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Boil potatoes whole in skins until fork tender. Cool and peel. Dice them into small bite size pieces.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until crisp. Set aside and cool. Save drippings.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the diced potatoes,chopped pickles, olives, pimentoes, relish and chopped onion.
- Add spices and bacon drippings(not more than 2 tbls).
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and milk. If too thick add pickle juice a litttle at a time.
- Pour over ingredients and mix thoroughly. Garnish with bacon bits and small amount of paprika.
YUM, YUM, YUM, YUM, YUMMMM!!!! Very nice Cajun potato salad here. Will happy make again and again. Made for Pick A Chef, 2010. Thanks for posting.
I have had this potato salad many times and it is the best. I also tried the receipe and it can't be beat. It is great to serve at a family barbaque or really for any meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe.