Cajun Potato Salad
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup creole mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning (or cajun spice)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (diced)
- 1⁄2 green onion (diced)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup bacon (cooked or diced)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (fresh or chopped)
- salt and pepper
- Add potaotes to lightly salted water, cover, bring to a boil on high heat, reduce to a simmer about 20 minute or until tatters are fork tender, drain and cut into 1" chunks. ( some like 'um peeled, we don't.).
- Combine mustard and creole seasoning in a medium sized bowl; add warm potaotes; toss to combine.
- Toss in green pepper,green onion and bacon.
- Combine mayonnaise,sour cream, & sugar, add to potato/vegetable mixture, season with salt and pepper and parsley (optional).
- Refergerate for at least 3 hours to meld flavors.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a very creative potato salad and tasted delicious! I played around with the amounts for the horseradish/mustard (for the creole mustard) in order to make sure that it wasn't too dry. I also threw in a little bit of miracle whip for the sugar. This had a delicious and different flavor! Made for ZWT5, Dining Daredevils
Cho! Co! WOW. Ga lee. Dis be a goodun of a tater salad. It is spicy and tangy and creamy and totally divine. I subbed red pepper for green ( we don't care for green peppers) . I used a coarse grain mustard but left out the horseradish. I also used a steamed baby red potatoes andleft the skin on. Served with recipe#177849#177849 and recipe#373582#373582. Made for ZWT 4 Cajun region for team ZAAR CHOW HOUNDS