Easy Maple Cinnamon Cornbread
- Ready In:
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Blend/whisk ingredients except*cinnamon and sugar mix, til all is moistened and lightly blended, but batter is still lumpy.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray 9" deepdish pie pan or glass dish.
- I like to use a round of parchment paper then on the bottom and respray top of paper a little.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle top fairly heavily with cinnamon and sugar mixed together.
- Bake in pre-heated 400º oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Top will be a nice brown, very tender on the inside.
Join The Conversation
We just got done with dinner and eating these muffins. All three of my men LOVED them. There wasn't one left. I was actually out of sugar so I made a mix of cinnamon and brown sugar and since I'm such a cinnamon nut..I shook in some cinnamon into the batter. These will now be a regular at our house!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! Former caterer and restaurant owner taking life slower now and just enjoying photographing my food creations and blogging them! Pop on over to my blog to see over 800 of my recipes at Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen @ wildflourskitchen.com !