Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Taste of Home
Top Review by Milkman's Daughter
This is an excellent recipe. I loved the flavors of everything once it was together. I had to sub ham for the sausage and I didn't have any parsley. I also made a small batch to be sure my husband would like it and he DID. I was so glad! I will definitely be making this again! Thanks for a great change to regular potato salad.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1⁄2 lb precooked smoked kielbasa or 1⁄2 lb cajun sausage, sliced
- 4 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 20-30 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Rinse with cold water; cool completely.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices; place in a large bowl.
- Add onions, parsley, and 3 tablespoons vinegar; toss.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage in oil for 5-10 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and add to potato mixture.
- To drippings in skillet, add mustard, garlic, pepper, cayenne and remaining vinegar; bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Pour over salad and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.