1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
This is comfort food with a capital "C". If you like sauerkraut you'll enjoy this. Just the smell of it cooking in the oven is soothing. Now in 91 ckbks, as of 4/14/06, and has 4 great reviews!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop cabbage into bite sized pieces, discard the core.
- 2Place cabbage in bottom of large deep casserole.
- 3Brown the meat, add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 4Add the rice and one can of the chopped tomatoes, including the juice.
- 5Mix together well and pour over the chopped cabbage.
- 6Spread the sauerkraut on top, including the juice.
- 7Cover with second can of chopped tomatoes and juice.
- 8Bake uncovered in a 350° oven for 20 minutes.
- 9Cover and continue baking for another hour or until rice is tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Roll Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.1
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 611.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 26.7 g