Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole
All the taste of authentic European cabbage rolls with a fraction of the work.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups cabbage, coarse cut or shredded (1/2 small head)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, cut them up
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup cooked rice (as per your rice package directions)
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- Lightly saute cabbage in butter and oil for a few minutes (should still remain mostly rigid). Set aside.
- Brown beef with onions and garlic, drain.
- Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT for tomato soup (and the cabbage). Simmer.
- Layer a casserole dish with ½ the cabbage. Dump in the beef/rice/tomato mixture. Layer top with remaining cabbage. Pour can of condensed soup over top of all.
- Cover and bake for at 350 for 1-1.5 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION