Recipe by Redsie
A great WW recipe - Only 5 points per serving!
Top Review by GertieMcFlirty
Delicious! Remember to cover the pan before baking, unless you like dry, crunchy casserole (we didn't--I covered it, added more water and baked it another 45 minutes). Prepared one pan exactly as posted, and was very pleased with the results. I was very careful about pouring the tomato sauce mixture evenly over the entire dish so that every part of it was moistened. Used 1/2 a small head of cabbage, but I could have gone for more cabbage, so maybe 2/3rds-3/4ths next time? Also prepared a 2nd pan of this at the same time, using a smaller, deeper Pyrex dish and no meat, and it turned out well. Will make this again this year, and in the years to come when cabbage is in season. Thank you for sharing!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 6 ounces shredded swiss cheese or 6 ounces colby
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and onion and season to taste.
- Put cabbage in greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle rice over cabbage. Sprinkle meat and onion over cabbage.
- Mix tomato sauce, bouillon, Worcestershire, sugar, dill and water. Pour over cabbage mixture.
- Bake, covered at 350F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over top. Let sit until cheese is melted.