Ww 5 Points - Spicy Orange Beef With Vegetables
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb beef top round steak, trimmed of all visible fat, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 lb green beans, halved crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips (matchstick size)
- Combine beef, 1 tbsp cornstarch, and orange rind in medium bowl.
- Toss well to coat and set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 tbsp cornstarch, broth, orange juice, soy sauce, and chili-garlic sauce in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat nonstick skillet (large) over med-high heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- Add 2 tsp oil, then add beef.
- Stir-fry until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 2 tsp oil, then add the ginger.
- Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the green beans, bell pepper, and carrot.
- Stirfry until crisp-tender.
- Add the broth mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, about 1 minute.
- Add the beef and cook until hot.
- 5 Points for 1 cup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We liked this, DH said "we've had this before" I was thinking the same thing...so I looked up my "WW Take Out Tonight" cookbook and sure enough I have made this before and rated it a "make again we liked it". I was REALLY surprised that DH noticed this. He knows that I don't often make the same thing twice. Thanks, maiposa13 for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY