Cabbage Beef Casserole (Ww 5 Points)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 6 ounces shredded swiss cheese or 6 ounces colby
- Brown meat and onion and season to taste.
- Put cabbage in greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle rice over cabbage. Sprinkle meat and onion over cabbage.
- Mix tomato sauce, bouillon, Worcestershire, sugar, dill and water. Pour over cabbage mixture.
- Bake, covered at 350F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over top. Let sit until cheese is melted.
Join The Conversation
The longer this dish sits the better it tastes! We enjoyed it for dinner but thought the leftovers were even better. I used a 15 ounce can of tomato sauce and instant rice. I didn't add the sugar and used a 16 ounce bag of coleslaw mix. I covered the mixture for the first 45 minutes and then stirred it. It seemed dry so I added another 1/2 cup of water. I also tasted it and it seemed a bit bland so I added some pepper too. I then cooked uncovered for the remaining 45 minutes. I used swiss cheese. Next time I would add more seasonings to the mixture.