Spicy Orange Beef With Vegetables
Yummy, healthy version of a take-out classic
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb beef top round steak, trimmed of all visible fat, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced peeled
- 1⁄4 lb green beans, halved crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips (matchstick size)
- Combine beef, 1 tbsp cornstarch, and orange rind in medium bowl.
- Toss well to coat and set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 tbsp cornstarch, broth, orange juice, soy sauce, and chili-garlic sauce in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat nonstick skillet (large) over med-high heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- Add 2 tsp oil, then add beef.
- Stir-fry until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 2 tsp oil, then add the ginger.
- Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the green beans, bell pepper, and carrot.
- Stir fry until crisp-tender.
- Add the broth mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, about 1 minute.
- Add the beef and cook until hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION