This is an easy never fail recipe. You don't even use a rolling pin! Change it to suit the meal you are serving them with - add 2 tbsp parmesan cheese and a bit of basil & oregano, try 1 tsp grated orange peel, or just before baking sprinkle the top with cinnamon & sugar Use your own imagination
- Combine flour, baking powder& salt.
- Cut the butter into the flour using 2 knives or a pastry blender, keep cutting until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- With a fork stir in the milk, very gently, until a soft dough forms.
- Don't over mix.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet (jelly roll pan) and with floured hands press it into a 9" x 9" square.
- Use a spatula or the dull side of a knife and cut the dough into 12 biscuits without actually cutting them apart.
- Bake in 400F oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack& cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with homemade fruit jam or anything else that takes your fancy.