1/14 Photos of Buttery Farm Biscuits
This is an easy never fail recipe. You don't even use a rolling pin! Change it to suit the meal you are serving them with - add 2 tbsp parmesan cheese and a bit of basil & oregano, try 1 tsp grated orange peel, or just before baking sprinkle the top with cinnamon & sugar Use your own imagination
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, baking powder& salt.
- 2Cut the butter into the flour using 2 knives or a pastry blender, keep cutting until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- 3With a fork stir in the milk, very gently, until a soft dough forms.
- 4Don't over mix.
- 5Place the dough on a baking sheet (jelly roll pan) and with floured hands press it into a 9" x 9" square.
- 6Use a spatula or the dull side of a knife and cut the dough into 12 biscuits without actually cutting them apart.
- 7Bake in 400F oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden.
- 8Transfer to a wire rack& cool for about 10 minutes.
- 9Serve with homemade fruit jam or anything else that takes your fancy.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttery Farm Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 149.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g