Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different take on the same old hamburger.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, Ground
- 1⁄4 cup Burgundy wine or 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Finely Chopped, 1 sm.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Broil or grill the patties 4-inches from the heat, turning once, to the desired doneness, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Nice served on toasted buns with a favorite topping.
The burgundy wine gives this hamburger a superb flavor. The only thing I did different was thatI fried these in a skillet. I know I will never go back to making a plain boring hamburger again.
I made these for myself and my parents. The recipe was followed exactly as written and we just did not like the taste at all. The burgers tasted sour and that was the only flavor we got out of them. In fact, without knowing how they were prepared, my father thought the meat was bad and that's where the sourness was coming from. Just not our thing.
Very yummy burgers. We loved the taste. I topped mine with a mixture of relish, mustard, mayonnaise. And a slice of cheese. Thanks Mysterygirl :) Made for I Recommend tag game