Yummy! A recipe adapted from one I originally found on Simply Seafod.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces dry fettuccine or 10 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, to taste (I prefer Chohula's)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 3 tablespoons parsley
- fresh chives (to garnish) or parsley (to garnish)
For Bleu Cheese Sauce
- 1First, make the Bleu Cheese Sauce: Combine the onion, oil, garlic and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- 2Cook, stirring, over medium heat until the onion is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat and stir in the blue cheese until nearly melted.
- 4Now, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 5While the pasta cooks, prepare the shrimp.
- 6Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- 7Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until nearly pink, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- 8Stir in the garlic, butter, and hot sauce and cook until the shrimp is just opaque in the center, about1 1/2 minutes longer.
- 9Remove from the heat and stir in the paprika; set aside.
- 10Drain the pasta well and put it in a large bowl.
- 11Stir in the warm blue cheese sauce.
- 12Gently mix in the chopped chives or parsley.
- 13Spoon the pasta onto individual plates.
- 14Top with the shrimp and sauce.
- 15Garnish as desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Shrimp With Fettuccine & Bleu Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1260.8
- Calories from Fat 510
- Total Fat 56.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.7 g
- Cholesterol 481.4 mg
- Sodium 1352.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 71.4 g