Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy! A recipe adapted from one I originally found on Simply Seafod.com.
Make and share this Buffalo Shrimp With Fettuccine & Bleu Cheese Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces dry fettuccine or 10 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, to taste (I prefer Chohula's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 3 tablespoons parsley
- fresh chives (to garnish) or parsley (to garnish)
For Bleu Cheese Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (about 1 cup)
- First, make the Bleu Cheese Sauce: Combine the onion, oil, garlic and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat until the onion is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the blue cheese until nearly melted.
- Now, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the shrimp.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until nearly pink, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, butter, and hot sauce and cook until the shrimp is just opaque in the center, about1 1/2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the paprika; set aside.
- Drain the pasta well and put it in a large bowl.
- Stir in the warm blue cheese sauce.
- Gently mix in the chopped chives or parsley.
- Spoon the pasta onto individual plates.
- Top with the shrimp and sauce.
- Garnish as desired.
This had to be the best dish dh ever made. There is nothing at all in this recipe I would change. TY TY TY So much for this post
I'm thrilled to be the first to review this recipe,it was delicious! The real star here was the scrumptious Bleu Cheese Sauce. Bleu Cheese can sometimes overpower a dish with it's sharply intense flavor, but not so here! This would be fantastic for company & is an elegant and refreshing change for Buffalo & Bleu cheese lovers who are bored with the standard Buffalo Wings with Bleu Cheese dip. If you're not fond of seafood or allergic, by all means try the sauce for a sophisticated Mac n Cheese side dish to accompany beef or chicken. Also, the recipe doesn't really state when to add the half-and-half but I simply poured it in after cooking the onion, etc. and it turned out just fine. Ginny, I'm heading over to review another of your yummy contributions and then I'm taking a good long gander at all your recipes!