Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy! A recipe adapted from one I originally found on Simply Seafod.com.
Make and share this Buffalo Shrimp With Fettuccine & Bleu Cheese Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces dry fettuccine or 10 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, to taste (I prefer Chohula's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 3 tablespoons parsley
- fresh chives (to garnish) or parsley (to garnish)
For Bleu Cheese Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (about 1 cup)
- First, make the Bleu Cheese Sauce: Combine the onion, oil, garlic and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat until the onion is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the blue cheese until nearly melted.
- Now, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the shrimp.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until nearly pink, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, butter, and hot sauce and cook until the shrimp is just opaque in the center, about1 1/2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the paprika; set aside.
- Drain the pasta well and put it in a large bowl.
- Stir in the warm blue cheese sauce.
- Gently mix in the chopped chives or parsley.
- Spoon the pasta onto individual plates.
- Top with the shrimp and sauce.
- Garnish as desired.