Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Taste of Home. I really like it because it has lots of flavor with some very basic ingredients.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey and seasonings; shape into 8 patties.
- In a large skillet, cook the patties in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels.
Delicious! I thought the level of spice was great as it highlighted the turkey without overpowering it. Rather than use as a breakfeast dish I made it for dinner and served with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and a salad.
I did a full recipe for 4 people and made 6 patties which 3 of us had for dinner and we all thoroughly enjoyed, I did use minced chicken as turkey mince is hard to get here and is so much more expensive than chicken, thank You PaulaG, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #83, December 2013.
Made for Aus/NZ recipe swap #18. These were okay. I felt they could have been a little bit spicier. Think I'll play with the spices and try them again. Thanks for posting this Paula.