Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
So good we ate the bottom crust! I had 1/2 can of coconut milk left and found this recipe to utilize it. Aroma and taste are delightful, it toasts beautifully-definitely worth making.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 3 cups white flour (I used regular)
- 1⁄3 cup coconut (yes-the usual stuff)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measure into your bread machine as per it's instructions.
- Cook on the sweet, white timer (4 hours on mine).
- This makes a 1 1/2 lb loaf.
this bread is great
Easy to make, but not a lot of flavor. Basically, this just tasted like my regular loaf of homemade bread with a hint of coconut flavor. I did not use the coconut extract, but I did use coconut oil in place of the veggie oil. Maybe the recipe needs the coconut extract it calls for to really give it the coconut flavor I was expecting.
The flavor of this bread was very nice, but the quality of the bread was very dry. The only variable I can see would be the coconut milk, so perhaps try a little bit more, or add a little warm water. It is nice toasted, and I imagine that with the dry texture making french toast would be a very good vehicle for it, I'll try that, too.