Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the first recipe I ever used for kale. It's one of my son's favorite dishes. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kale, trimmed, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken or 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chopped pancetta and cook until crispy, 2-3 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add the greens and wilt them down, tossing frequently. Sprinkle in the sugar, toss, then deglaze the pan with vinegar and add in 1/2 cup stock. Reduce heat to low and let the kale mellow a few minutes.