- 200 g red cabbage
- 120 g celery root
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- thyme leaves, fresh (or 1 tsp dried)
- 500 g beetroots, cooked
- 800 ml vegetable broth, from 1 cube
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the red cabbage, celery, carrots and onion into smaller pieces and chop them in a food processor.
- Sauté vegetables in olive oil in a soup pot, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 8-10 minutes until tender.
- In the meantime, cut the cooked beetroot into smaller pieces and chop them in a food processor; add to the vegetables in the soup pot, stir.
- Add vegetable broth, vinegar, sugar and thyme, bring the soup to the boil, then reduce heat and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from flame.
- Mash the vegetables to desired consistency with a stick blender. If the soup is very thick, dilute it with a little water.
- Serve warm or cold with the addition of sour cream (1 tablespoon per serving).