Recipe by Alskann
Grilled Tenderloin Skewers with red wine and tomato sauce. A delicious summertime favorite from France. Cooking time includes marinating time.
- 3 lbs beef tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
For the marinade
- 4 medium shallots, very finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 inches celery ribs, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large glass bowl.
- Add the meat and mix so that all the pieces are coated. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for about 7 minutes or until soft but not brown.
- Scrape the marinade off the meat and add to the onion.
- Add the wine, tomatoes and sugar and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Purée the sauce in a blender until smooth. If it is too thin, reduce it over medium heat until it is the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Let the sauce cool slightly and stir in the Dijon, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Thread the beef cubes equally onto 6 12-inch skewers.
- Cook over very hot heat, about 8 minutes for rare.
- Allow one skewer per person and serve the sauce separately on the side.