1/2 Photos of Blueberry Pancakes (Low Gi With Oats)
This is a new recipe I discovered recently. It is low GI, low in fat, high in fibre and delicious as well! I was pleasantly pleased with the results! Blueberries are one of nature's superfoods, providing a high level of antioxidants. I loved the texture the oats gave to the pancakes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium orange
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Put the blueberries in a sieve and rinse under cold water. Grate the zest from the orange into a small saucepan; squeeze the juice and add the sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Add blueberries, bring back to the boil and then turn down the heat. In a medium bowl blend together the water and corn flour and add to the blueberry mixture. Stir over medium heat until the syrup thickens and the blueberries release some juice and begin to soften. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2for the pancakes, put the flour, baking powder, oats and sugar into a large bowl. Separate the eggs, putting the yolks into a measuring jug and the whites into a bowl. Add the milk and vanilla to the yolks and then whisk into the dry ingredients. Beat the egg whites until stiff and then fold into the batter carefully.
- 3Brush a heated skillet with the melted butter and drop 2 or 3 TBS of the batter into the pan, leaving space in between, as the pancakes will spread. Cook for about 2 minutes, then turn over and cook 2 minutes longer until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter, brushing the pan each time with the melted butter, to make 8 pancakes altogether.
- 4Serve topped with the blueberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Pancakes (Low Gi With Oats)
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 109.1 mg
- Sodium 206.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g